Best Moving Tips for Renters
When moving to a new place, whether in the same neighborhood or far, it’s important to keep a few of these tips in mind to make life a little easier!
- Pack an overnight bag wit hall the essentials- You’ll be very tired and the last thing you want to do is dig for your shampoo. Bring a change of clothes, a few toiletries and a laptop (just in case, plus, it keeps it from being stolen during a move).
- Pack the items you will need FIRST in a clear plastic bin- This includes a box cutter or scissors, paper towels, trash bags, utensils, cookware, chargers, toilet paper, tools, etc.
- Wrap breakables in bubble wrap- A great $$$ saver and plus, two birds, one stone. Pack your clothes and kitchenware at the same time.
- Label your boxes, but add what room they’ll be going into as well- This helps you unpack by ROOM. It will help you feel more organized. It’s important to label the sides of the boxes, NOT the tops.
- If you can, pre-clean the bathroom and kitchen- Put up a new shower curtain liner and stock the bath towels and toilet paper. You’ll want a hot shower after a long day of moving!
- Put a cotton pad or ball in your powder makeup to keep them from breaking- Genius!!!
- Pack plates like records- They will be less likely to break.
- Please your drawers intact my covering them with Press’nSeal, it’ll keep you from unpacking and refolding clothes.
- Buy a roll of stretch wrap- It will keep your items together and protect furniture from being scuffer and scratched.
- Along with food and alcohol, give your friends that help you move, first dibs on anything you wanted to sell or donate
Please share with you friends, family, and tenants who are moving or plan to move. Call Signal Real Estate Services to ensure that the move-out process goes as smoothly as possible as well as get you NEW tenants as quickly as possible!